Norfolk, Nebraska
Here’s my test start and unrelated photo (if I can learn how to do that...). Many years ago I took an 8,000+ mile motorcycle trip, backback strapped to the sissie bar, from Suffolk to Colorado, picked up little brother Chris, and the two of us toured Wyoming on my bike, a Honda 750. On the way home, after visiting the Black Hills in South Dakota, narrowly avoiding a buffalo in the road, I had a tire blow in Nebraska. I wanted to do an email to the editor of the Norfolk newspaper, but all they had were submissions to their blog. So I sent it:
A belated thanks to a Norfolk, Nebraska family for their kindness many years ago. I was a vacationing school teacher on my way home to Virginia in August 1975. I had had a terrific trip touring Colorado, Wyoming and Montana on my motorcycle when a few miles west of Norfolk a rear tire blew out, and I curved into the oncoming lane and then back to the right and into a cornfield. Luckily I was not seriously hurt. Luckier still, the oncoming pickup truck I narrowly avoided came back to check on me. They helped me gather my gear and loaded my bike onto their truck. They unloaded my bike at a repair shop and me at a motel. I have always had a fond spot for Norfolk, Nebraska. Now I’m retired, traveling in style in a small camper, headed to Wyoming thru Nebraska and wish to thank the good people of Norfolk for a good deed many years ago. |

Welcome to the blogosphere [actually, I hate that word]. Welcome to the world of blogging. I'm also thankful to that guy in Norfolk NE who took such good care of my brother!
ReplyDelete